On the last week of term Pohutukawa found a time capsule. In the time capsule there was a puzzle, a teddy bear, a recipe, medals and a poppy. We looked through the things and noticed they were from a long time ago. The recipe was for Anzac biscuits and it looked pretty tasty! So, Mrs Hodgman and Miss Le Gallais decided to buy the ingredients to see if this recipe was delicious! Turns out it was more than delicious and we wanted more than one! Below is the recipe if you want to make it at home.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup thread coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 125 g butter
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a baking tray or line with baking paper.
- Combine the oats, coconut, flour, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together. Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and add to the butter mixture. Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Roll teaspoons into balls and place on the tray, allowing room for them to spread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, cooking one tray at a time.