Under Alert Level 2 school operates under Health and Safety Protocols required by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education. This includes regular cleaning and strict hygiene protocols. Children are supported to wash their hands frequently and to be mindful of not breathing on someone else.
Who should and shouldn’t come back to school
- Under Alert Level 2 our school will be open for learning for all children.
- Children who are unwell with a cough, cold, flu or other sickness/injury should stay at home.
- Children who are required to self isolate by the Ministry of Health should stay at home.
- There may also be some children who have compromised immunity who are advised by a doctor to stay at home.
Some children have on-going health conditions which might appear to be similar to having a cold or the flu, but in fact are allergies or seasonal conditions. If this is the case, we ask that you provide us with medical advice that supports this, so that the children can continue to come to school.
Parents and Whānau not coming on to the school grounds
Under Alert Level 2, parents and whānau drop and pick up their children at a school gate. At times exceptions will be made to this for example for parents bringing new children to the school. We will record the name and contact details of parents and whānau who do need to come on the school grounds so contact tracing can take place if required.
Please watch these videos for details about how drop off and pick up works:
Beginning of the school day
- School will start as normal at 8.50 for all children. The best time for people to aim for is 8.30am.
- The gates will be unlocked at 8.15am and supervised by a staff member and our wonderful school ambassadors in the morning until 8.50am each day. Some teachers will also walk younger children to school where required.
End of the school day: staggered finishing times
So the children can leave the school safely, under Alert Level 2, our school is split into three different finish times: 2.55, 3.05 and 3.10. This is to avoid overcrowding at the gates. We ask that after school, all children are collected by 3.20pm at the latest.
- Brothers and sisters will all be going home at the same leaving time. Older brothers and sisters will go to their younger siblings class and walk with them to their gate
- Teachers will support the children through this process, especially for the younger ones or children who are new to the school
- Parents from the following rooms can collect their children from their chosen gate.
Leaving times will be:
2.55pm Rooms 1, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25 and their older siblings
3.05pm Rooms 21, 22, 23,12,13,15 and their older siblings
3.10pm Rooms 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14
- Children walking home will leave the school through any gate at 3.00pm
- Children going to After School Care will walk to the Technology Room at 3.00pm (Pohutukawa children will be accompanied by a teacher)
- No children are allowed unsupervised at the BHB Public Library
What if my child is late or needs to be picked up or dropped off during the school day?
- School gates will be locked at 8.50am
- If your child is late please come to the Yellow gate next to Room 9 on Gill Crescent and text the number that is written on a sign at the gate 0275696916. A member of staff will come and let your child into the school.
- If you need to drop off or collect your child during the school day, please come up the steps to the office entrance from the staff car park on Gill Crescent, and the office staff will assist you
What will my child need to bring to school every day?
- Children will need to bring a drink bottle of water every day as drinking fountains will not be available
- Every child should bring a raincoat to school every day