Important information for parents about school under Alert Level 2
Under Alert Level 2 our school will be open for learning for all children. The exceptions to this are those with compromised immunity who are advised to stay home or those who are self isolating. Online Learning will be available for these children.
We will be following the Ministry of Health’s ‘Public Health Requirements’ for schools.
- Enabling good hygiene practices
- Ensuring people with COVID-19 symptoms stay away from school. We ask all children with high temperatures, coughs and runny noses to stay home from school. If children come to school with these symptoms we will send them home
- Maintaining physical distancing where practicable - in schools at Alert Level 2 this means children, young people, and staff maintaining a physical distance so that they are not breathing on or touching each other
- Keeping track of people that enter our school – through our attendance register, timetable and Contact Tracing Register.
How will school operate under Alert Level 2?
- Children will be in their normal class with their normal teacher
- Children will be able to play with their friends in the playground
- Children will be allowed on the playgrounds
- Children need to wash their hands often and cover up coughs and sneezes
- Children will be asked to keep a safe distance (We call it a wingspan- about 1 metre) from each other wherever possible
- Children will not be able to visit other classes unless they are with their teacher
- Children will need to use hand sanitiser every time they enter their classroom
- We will ask all parents and whānau to drop off and pick up their children at one of the school gates where staff will meet and greet them (Exceptions to this may be parents of our new students or in discussion with our school leaders)
- All gates will be locked during the day so we know can record who is on the school grounds at all times (This is a Public Health requirement)
- We will ask all parents and whānau to contact the school office by email if they need to speak to school staff
What will my child need to bring to school every day?
- Children will need to bring a drink bottle of water every day as drinking fountains will not be available
- Every child should bring a raincoat to school every day even when it looks fine
Change to School Times
- Under Alert Level 2 from Monday 18th May, school will start at 8.45 for all children. The gates will be unlocked at 8.15am and supervised by a staff member in the morning until 8.50am each day.
- Children will leave school at three different times so that there is not too much crowding at the gate.
- Leaving times will be:
2.55pm: Rooms 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25 and their older siblings
3.15pm: Rooms 21, 22, 23,12,13,15 and their older siblings
3.30pm: Rooms 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14
Drop off at the school gate
Families choose which gate they would like the children to leave the school. These videos show how this will work at each gate.
- There are four entry and exit gates around the school.
Pick up from the school gate
- Brothers and sisters will all be going home at the same time. Older brothers and sisters will go to their younger siblings class and walk with them to the gate
- Teachers will walk each group to the gates and remain to help support the children
- Children will be leaving from the gate that parents indicate- Countdown (black gate), Library car park, Orange gate on the netball courts or Yellow gate at the back of the school - Gill Crescent.
- Parents from the following rooms can collect their children from their chosen gate at:
Leaving times will be:
2.55pm Rooms 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25 and their older siblings
3.15pm Rooms 21, 22, 23,12,13,15 and their older siblings
3.30pm Rooms 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14
- Children walking home will leave the school at 3.00pm
- Children going to After School Care will be taken by a teacher to the Technology Room at 3.00pm
What if my child is late or needs to be picked up or dropped off during the school day?
- Gates will be locked at 8.50am
- If your child is late please come to the Yellow gate next to Room 9 on Gill Crescent and text the number on the gate 0275696916.
- If you need to drop off or collect your child during the school day, please come to the office entrance from the staff car park on Gill Crescent, and the office staff will assist you
- We will record the name and contact details of parents and whānau who do come on the school grounds so contact tracing can take place
Care for Kids - Before and After School Care
This service will also begin on Monday 18th May. Please contact Els and Theo on 0273628494 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or wish to enrol your child(ren).
Parents of children going to Before or After School Care will receive information about drop off and pick up arrangements from the owners Els and Theo.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.